Savannah Freight Services Namibian Customs Regulations & Information for Imports
- Original Bill of Lading (OBL) / Air Waybill (AWB)
- Packing list
- NA 304 (3 copies)
- P1.160 (3 copies)
- Detailed valued inventory in currency of origin country
- Letter of Application for Exemption
- Residence Permit / Work Permit
- Diplomatic Clearance / Certificate A issued by the Embassy,
stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Diplomatic shipments can be imported duty free provided that
a Diplomatic Clearance
With effect from 11th June; 2012, original vehicle registration books (LOGBOOKS) commonly referred to as V5 in United Kingdom will be required as part of the customs clearance in Namibia.
This was announced on the 1st of June, 2012 by Namibia's Ministry of Finance- Customs and Excise's Deputy Director General- Western Region YHM HAIHAMBO.
WHY IS ORIGINAL LOGBOOK NOW REQUIRED IN NAMIBIA?
According to the Customs and Excise department in Namibia, wrong year and models are being declared on the SAD 500 .
Savannah Freight Services-Namibia
100 Theo Ben Hurrah Street
Walvis Bay has become a popular clearing port for cars that destined for Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana and Namibia. Clearing cars at Walvis Bay in Namibia has become preferred to Durban in South Africa and Beira in Mozambique.
WHY USE WALVIS BAY?
- There are no Port delays due to congestion- Vehicles are released usually on the same day if you use Savannah Freight Services for you clearance.